Thursday, October 20, 2011

BBW's and BHM's

I was reading an article the other day that really bothered me, but it didn't surprise me.  The article was about how Big folk fare in the dating world.  They addressed BBW's (Big, Beautiful Women) and BHM's (Big, Handsome Men -- or Big Hunky Men).

While it's a given that anyone who is Big will have trouble, they identified something that was sort of not fair.  While there are men who openly pursue BBW's, the BHM's are out in the cold.  The majority of thin women they interviewed admitted they did not want to date BHM's, and the majority of BBW's they interviewed also admitted they did not want to date BHM's.

Yes, there are exceptions.  There always are.

I noticed back when I was in school that the overweight girls could usually find a date, but the overweight boys could not.  I thought it was my imagination.

I have no advice on this.  It's a sucky cross to carry.  Society isn't always right.

Just be yourself.  If you're Big, you're Big.  There is always hope.

I always figured I'd be a good "second choice" -- after all the pretty guys were taken, I'd suddenly look good.  I can't say that happened to me, but I did eventually get married, albeit later in life.  My wife will clearly admit that when she first met me I would not have been someone she would have ever considered.  When we married, she was 39.

I also have a friend -- let's call him JK.  He, like me, is Big.  He just got married.  He's 49, she's a bit older.

No happy resolution to this one, folks.  We're Big, not bad.  We can be nice guys if given a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment